Call for Expert Mental Healther TRAINER
Role is VOLUNTARY, but all travel (up to 300 eur), accommodation, meals and refreshments will be covered and/or reimbursed. Session to be delivered in English.
AEGEE-Academy, Youth Development WG, Euro Youth Mental Health and AEGEE-Valencia invite you to participate in delivering a unique and very first training course focused on topics around mental health and its management: Mental Health European School. The event will take place in Valencia, Spain from the 26th until the 29th of April.
The event intends to gather 20 young people active in NGOs and youth platforms, especially from AEGEE with diverse professional and study backgrounds.
The training has the main following objectives:
- Through the use of non-formal education, to provide young people the necessary knowledge and skills to understand what is mental health.
- To raise awareness of the importance of mental health in the life of a young person.
- To explore the different situations where we talk about mental health in today’s society.
- To encourage participants to reflect on their behaviour related with mental health and more focused on their interaction with people that have a mental health problem
- To empower participants so that they can promote mental health as a healthy practice among their peers and environment
- To equip participants with tools on how to deal with a person that has a mental health problem.
Requested Trainer Profile:
All applicants should have:
- Conceptual and practical knowledge and training experience in working with non-formal educational approach and with mental health topic; have been involved in delivering training for at least 2 years, and implementing a learning process in at least international and/or intercultural youth training activities.
- Competence to design a training program with support from Co-Directors, based on the principles and approaches of non-formal learning and self-directed learning/learning to learn and values of Euro Youth Mental Health;
- Experience of working with mixed and international groups, experience in training of groups with 35-40 participants
- Experience in working in an international team with international team of participants;
- Knowledge on youth’s mental health topics and experience in facilitating discussions around this topic.
- Motivation to contribute to the development and implementation of the Study Session according to the initial goals of the Study Session.
- Ideally have experience of mental health
- Be able to work in English language;
- Be available to be in Valencia, Spain from the 26th until the 29th of April.
- Be available for at least 3 online meeting calls for preparation of the agenda.
ALL TRAVEL, ACCOMMODATION AND FOOD COSTS WILL BE COVERED.
If interested you need to be registers as an Mental Healther volunteer, which you can do here.
If already an MHer, please get in touch with Irina on IrinaB@eymh.org