Below, Co-Director Nick talks about several pieces of work that EYMH have been lucky to be part of in 2018 and what to look forward to in 2019. Then below that is a simple list of all of EYMH’s achievements this year (Click on links for more information).
- 1st year officially formed as a Community Interest Company.
- We have an office base (kind of, kind people at Soapbox Youth Club in Islington London).
- Co-Director Nick took part in a podcast, talking about his own experiences with mental health problems as well as promoting the work of EYMH.
- Became a member of the Global Coalition of Youth Mental Health.
- Received membership and partnership with the European Network for Independent Living’s (ENIL) mental health taskforce.
- Co-director Irina was successful in writing a bid to be part of the Education program for Council of Europe in 2019, n partnership with ENIL Youth, delivering a week-long study session on mental health as a disability, to be delivered in June this year, apply here.
- Opened our Instagram page to celebrate and promote our work.
- Met and worked with the infamous and incredible Jonny Benjamin (also now a volunteer).
- Delivered an incredible workshop with 6 EYMH volunteers at the European Youth Event, exploring mental health with over 60 young people from across Europe and beyond (room capacity was about 40 – it was tight).
- Met and discussed the future of youth mental health in Europe with MP Tomos Zdechovsky.
- Co-Director Nick sat on a mental health and students panel for OBESSU at the European Youth Event
- Delivered many more #mentalstories (more to come).
- Recruited volunteers who are now helping us with our finances, administration, conferences and more, get inovlved here.
- Joined Inclusive Mobility Alliance (IMA) and co-wrote recommendations to European Parliament on more inclusive mobility opportunities for those with disabilities – of which mental health is recognised, which saw 3 different EYMH advocates involved, Georgia, Co-Director Nick and Carmen (Carmen’s blog is here).
- Co-Director Nick, gave a webinar exploring mental health as a disability issue and participation through the European Coalition for Community Living.
- Advocate volunteer Grace attended a youth tools conference in Split, Croatia.
- Co-Director Nick and advocate volunteer Katrina attended the European Platform for Rehabilitation youth conference as mental health experts.
- Co-Director Nick and volunteer Kirsty attended the European Health Forum conference in Gastein valley as a youth member, promoting and talking about youth mental health on various mediums, see 2 blogs, Nicks & Kirsty’s.
- Lastly – kind of 2019 but still – new domain name, our own webpage www.eymh.org is launched.
If you’d like any more information on any of this work, please get in touch.
Stay Healthy, mentally Nick and Irina