We are looking for young people across Europe, aged 18 – 27 (max), with lived experience of mental health problems to tell us their thoughts and ideas on this project, see more details and the sign up link below…
TreatMe are a group of mental health researchers and practitioners from over 50 European countries.
They are trying to improve knowledge on how to individualise mental health care to the needs of young people.
TreatMe – Working Group 4 is particularly focused on how to involve young people, with experience of mental health problems in meaningful co-design and delivery of mental health research.
For this, TreatMe are creating a set of guidelines for researchers, when working with young people, for them to feel confident and supported in involving young people in this capacity.
TreatMe have already done reviews of other studies and how they have involved young people with lived mental health experience in mental health research. We have also developed a set of recommendations with young experts by experience in the UK about how they would like to be involved in mental health research.
You see, if research is informed before it even begins, then the uptake and 5will be more sound.
Now we would like to hear from young people (18 – 25 – if older or younger, apply and we will get in touch to discuss) across Europe to see how you would like to be involved in mental health research, so we can make sure research is meaningfully individualised to the needs of young people across Europe.
- Focus group to be conducted in English
- There will be people sharing personal experiences of their mental health journeys, so please bare this in mind when attended (guidelines will be run through at the start).
- Aged 18 – 25 (if under or over and would like to get involved, please contact us directly to discuss NickM@eymh.org)
- Must have experience of mental health problems (doesn’t have to be diagnosed)
- Must be available on time and date
- Must have some confidence in English (unless with interpreter)
- Must have lived in Europe for at least 5 years under 25.
This Focus group, will be led by Nick Morgan, Youth Participation Officer at AFNC and Co-Director of Euro Youth Mental Health.
This Focus group will also be recorded for future use in this research.
To sign up, please make sure you meet the Criteria and are available on 23rd June 5:30pm – 7pm CET then fill in your details below and we will be in touch.
Links to partners in this work:
Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families – http://www.annafreud.org
Euro Youth Mental Health – http://www.eymh.org
COST Action – TreatMe – https://www.cost.eu/actions/CA16102/#tabs|Name:overview
DEADLINE TO SIGN UP – end of day – 19th June